A BRIEF SUMMARY
Yale University educated executive with 26 years of experience in helping organizations earn more money, more efficiently through strategic planning, business development, sales, and digital marketing. Strong background in non-profit management, program development, and fundraising.
- Yale University, New Haven, CT, Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, 1994.
- Indiana University, Center on Philanthropy, The Fund Raising School.
INGERSOLL CONSULTING, Philadelphia, PA, Owner
Helped dozens of businesses attract more website visitors, leads, prospects, and clients through creative, integrated, and more efficient business development, sales and marketing systems.
Client examples include:
- Small Business – New branding, strategic positioning, website development, lead capture, email and social media marketing led to 23% business revenue increase in first year with average growth of 10% per year for 5 years.
- Financial Planning Company – Rewrote email marketing campaign, used new gmail based broadcast technology, adopted online scheduling system and follow-up eliminating $80,000 cost of 2 full time positions.
- Software Development Shop – Analysis of marketing company targeted for purchase and prevented $1.5 million investment loss.
- Education Business – Website lead capture placement and funnel lead to 530% per month increase in email list signups.
- Women Owned Business Enterprise – Content writing for services, image optimization, on-page seo, Google Business listing optimization, and leverage of a small PPC campaign lead to 4,000% increase in website traffic in one year.
- Retirement Income Planning Company – New identity, branding, logo, website development, print marketing, and sales processes lead to an increase in insurance premium sales from $300,000 to $3,000,000 in 16 months.
- Annuities & Insurance Agent – Creating new marketing campaign, sales funnel and qualification process for agent increased sales appointments from 2 per month to 125 per month in 17 days.
- Sports Coaching Start-Up – Business and marketing plan created to generate $1.5 million revenues in first year including websites, landing pages, CRM systems, email campaigns, outbound sales, book publishing, and DVD training materials.
Focus on marketing strategy, website planning and development, and content creation. Proficient in wordpress with working knowledge of CSS/HTML. 100+ Wordpress websites, promotional materials, social media graphics, videos and other digital media planned, designed, written, and developed. Excellent writer and speaker.
IVYWEST FINANCIAL – IVYWEST HEALTHCARE, Media, PA, Partner/COO
Launched businesses with consulting client turned friend. Responsible for operations, marketing, and client education. Insurance license in Iowa, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. (Reduced role since relocation to Iowa City.)
MEDIA YOUTH CENTER, Media, PA, Executive Director
New marketing systems including website, email campaign, voicemail broadcasting, and event promotion led to stabilization of financially failing 75 year old youth sports nonprofit. (Employed through reorganization.)
ROLLING READERS USA, San Diego, CA, Executive Director
Overhauling promotional and fundraising materials and related human resources stabilized conflict ridden national educational nonprofit organization. (Employed through reorganization.)
BARRIO LOGAN COLLEGE INSTITUTE, San Diego, CA, Executive Director
Repairing communications, marketing, fundraising, programming, staffing, and budgeting systems prevented bankruptcy of model immigrant youth education organization. (Employed through reorganization.)
HARMONIUM, INC, San Diego, CA, Director
Communications Director – Fundraising and Development Director – Program Director
- Member of executive management team of $11,000,000 agency with 900 staff charged with redesigning systems including planning, human resources, Board development, fundraising, volunteer coordination, marketing, and fiscal operations.
- Designed and managed regional youth program and facility with $1,000,000 operating budget serving 52,000 customers annually.
- Developed marketing, communication and fundraising systems including identity statement, branding, logos, newsletters, radio spots, flyers, posters, white papers, grant proposals, instructional materials, and direct mail pieces.
- Authored more than 100 successful grant proposals resulting in over $500,000 and supported development of additional applications resulting in over $2,000,000 in revenues.
- Cultivated highly regarded partnerships with local and national foundations.
- Planned and managed many fundraising and friend-raising events including holiday celebrations, grand openings, conferences, and training workshops.
- Designed direct mail solicitation campaigns.
- Trained Directors on Fundraising responsibilities.
- Developed computer based systems for grant research, monitoring, reporting, donor recognition, and online donor solicitation.
- Recruited, hired, trained and supervised over 300 staff and independent contractors.
- Served as Treasurer and Chair of Fiscal Committee leading the analysis of fiscal impact of program downsizing and growth during CEO transition.
- Iowa, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey Insurance Producer Licenses
- Pennsylvania Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (in escrow.)
- Studying for Series 65 and Series 67 Investment Licenses
- Pursuing State of Iowa Coaching and Substitute Teacher Certification